Hydration = Immunity
I am thinking about you and your safety in these difficult unprecedented times. I am not alone when I say that the whole thing feels quite surreal. But we are in it together and if there ever was a time for sharing our learnings, it is now.
That said, I will be sharing all my immune tips, low and high tech. My tips are aggregated from proven reputable sources about what really works. Some may seem simple, but sometimes simplicity is our greatest ally.
My goal is to offer granular ways to take things we know we should be doing and do them.
Right now, your immune system needs water to fully function. It is not a matter of you should drink more water, you NEED to drink water and stay hydrated to fight viruses.
Women should aim to consume 2.7 liters or 91 ounces of fluids daily, and men, 3.7 liters or 125 ounces; an amount that includes all fluids and water-rich foods, such as fruits, vegetables and soups.
Drinking more water (or liquids) is a habit. A great way to create a new habit is to “anchor” the new habit to an existing one, such as brushing your teeth. For example, I brush my teeth every day, so I added taking my vitamins after I brushed my teeth. Soon, vitamin taking became a nonconscious habit.
What anchors to you currently have to add your new habit of drinking water?
For example: I will drink water every time:
· I go on social media.
· I use the bathroom. (this one becomes a symbiotic relationship)
· Every time I wash my hands.
· I open the refrigerator.
Generating a new habit is hard. To help you along your journey, I am offering my 30-pg. guide Me, Only Better. How to Generate One Habit To Change Your Life for FREE until April 1st, 2020. Available here.
Here are some ways to increase your water intake:
1. Jazz up your water- add lemon, cucumber, herbs or fruit to plain water to infuse it.
2. Make a “mocktail.”- Water down your favorite juices with water. Juice has a lot of sugar, so a splash or two is enough to level up your water. Add a lemon wedge to make it more festive.
3. Electrolyte drinks- A good alternative to plain water and comes in a variety of flavors. Also good in a watered-down version.
4. Warm water, tea- Warm liquids are less shocking to the body, comforting and soothing.
5. Fruits and Veggies are often high in water.
· Cucumber: 96% water
· Tomatoes: 94% water
· Asparagus: 93% water
· Spinach: 91% water
· Cantaloupe: 90% water
· Peaches: 89% water
· Carrots: 88% water
· Bananas: 75% water
Lastly, Take Back Your Power with your Totally Immune Actions.